The free virtual expo honors and celebrates women-owned farms and businesses in the food, farming and craft beverage industries and provides resources to women entrepreneurs.
BROOKLYN, NY – June 14, 2021 – If you missed last month’s Women in Food & Farming Festival, a hybrid event that drew hundreds of people online and in person to Hudson Valley’s Stone Ridge Orchard, there is still an opportunity to celebrate, learn and get inspired at the Northeast Women in Food & Farming Online Expo.
The free expo encourages women consumers and those from across the food and farming industries, home and professional chefs, restaurateurs, winemakers, craft beverage producers, and those who champion agritourism to create, learn and come together in a supportive community.
Presented by EscapeMaker.com and Fulton Stall Market, sponsors include The New York Cider Association, Cabot Cheese, SnapDragon & RubyFrost Apples, VisitIthaca.com, and SullivanCatskills.com, with media partners Heritage Radio and Edible Manhattan.
The expo includes local farm tours, food workshops, cooking demos and inspirational talks from highly influential women in their fields. Notable topics include foraging for ramps, cake demos, chocolate-making and sourdough starter workshops, a discussion on herbs, glamping on the farm and social media tips for food businesses.
Tickets are free and include over twenty on-demand presentations – that’s 6+ hours of material that attendees can stream 24/7 at their convenience. A few highlights include:
- Chef Judy Joo, The Food Network’s Iron Chef UK, presents a Kimchi 101 workshop.
- Maneet Chauhan, James Beard award-winning chef, Culinary Institute of America alumnus, Food Network television personality, and cookbook author, shares her own story and words of wisdom for women in the industry.
- Liz Neumark, farmer, chef and entrepreneur, CEO of Great Performances catering and founder of the non-profit The Sylvia Center, takes viewers on a farm-to-fork tour of her Katchkie Farm.
- Amy Wu, author and investigative reporter on agriculture, gives an inspirational talk on women in AgTech and her new book, From Farms to Incubators.
- Marianne Williamson, New York Times bestselling author, former presidential candidate, activist and spiritual thought leader, speaks on food consciousness and a renewed food reverence.
To register for free and to check out the full list of speakers and topics, visit: escapemaker.com/wexpo