FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – BROOKLYN, NY
April 10, 2018
EscapeMaker.com, New York’s guide to local farm escapes and weekend getaways since 2000, kicks off its second year of farm, food and craft beverage tours in the Hudson Valley. After a successful first season operating Dutchess Tourism Inc.’s Farm Fresh Tours with Metro-North Railroad in 2017, the EscapeMaker team is continuing that program and also partnering with Urban Adventures NYC to offer full day farm and craft beverage tours via direct bus from New York City beginning in May 2018. http://www.EscapeMaker.com/farmfreshtours
“These tours truly highlight the best of Dutchess County’s farm and craft beverage tourism,” says Caylin Sanders, founder and CEO of local travel veteran EscapeMaker.com. “From apple picking to wine and whiskey tasting, this season’s extended tour offerings, overnight packages and flexible hop on/off shuttles ensure that there is no lack of flavor and fun for all ages!”
“We’ve wanted to expand into this market for a long time,” says David Nazcycz, CEO of award-winning Urban Adventures NYC. “Our focus has always been on walking tours that highlight innovation within the culinary and craft beverage sphere. The partnership with EscapeMaker, to offer these tours to our customers who want to travel a bit further out, is a great fit.”
Local tristate residents or NYC tourists can book 3 themed direct bus tours from New York City to Dutchess County ranging from $99-$149 per person:
● Dutchess Wine Trail Tour (May 5, 6, 12) spends the day wine tasting and touring the grounds of Clinton Vineyards, Cascade Mountain Winery, and/or Millbrook Vineyards & Winery and feasting on a farm fresh lunch in the vineyard with dinner on your own in the town of Rhinebeck.
● Pints & Politics Figures Tour (July 21, 22) explores the historic sites of Val Kill Cottage and FDR’s home, the historic Springwood estate before touring and sampling some locally crafted beer at Hyde Park Brewing Co.
● Hiking, Booze & Brews Tour (August 18, 25, September 9) begins with a hike at scenic Mount Beacon and Hudson Highlands then visits Hudson Valley Brewery, 2 Way Brewing and Dennings Point Distillery.
Customers can also choose from 3 Dutchess Farm Fresh Excursions via Metro-North Railroad, which have been operating for over ten years and always hot in demand. This year, for the first time, the buses will be operating on a hop on / hop off looper system, allowing participants to choose how much or how little time they would like to spend at each site. Tours range from $27- $59.75 per person.
● Dutchess Farms & Wineries Hop On/Off Weekend excursion (June 9, 10) picks up at the Wassaic Metro-North Station (June 9, 10) and loops between the Village of Millerton, McEnroe Organic Farm, award-winning wineries Millbrook Vineyards or Cascade Mountain Winery, Soukup Farms for maple making and tasting, and animal sanctuary, Lucky Orphan’s Horse Rescue. Stay for the day or book an overnight package.
● Dutchess Fruit Farms & Berry Picking Hop On/Off Weekend excursion (July 28, 29) picks up at the Poughkeepsie Metro-North Station (July 28, 29) and starts the day in the historic town of Rhinebeck before looping between Greig Farm, Rose Hill Farm, Mead Orchards and/or Kesicke Farm for berry picking and farm market shopping. Overnight packages are available.
● Dutchess Apple Picking & Farms Hop On/Off excursions (September & October, select weekends) pick up at the Wassaic Station and take visitors to Fishkill Farms, Meadowbrook Farm, and/or Sprout Creek Farm to revel in the fall foliage, harvest festivals and cornucopia of apples and cider doughnuts.
In addition, overnight packages will be offered at local area lodgings like The Olde Rhinebeck Inn c. 1745, Hideaway Suites B&B and the Roosevelt Inn of Hyde Park, Amenia House, Blue Barn B&B and the Inn at Pine Plains.
Hop On/Off weekend excursions and tours via Metro-North Railroad require that reservations be made at least 48 hours in advance and confirmed before a train ticket is purchased at http://www.EscapeMaker.com/farmfreshtours and overnight packages and direct bus tour tickets can be purchased there as well.
About EscapeMaker.com http://www.escapemaker.com
EscapeMaker.com’s mission is to provide New York City area residents with the education and tools necessary to break free from New York City and explore the countless farmers, producers, wineries, craft beverage trails and local agritourism destinations located within a day’s drive or train ride of New York City. Whether it is through overnight packages, local tasting showcases or tours, EscapeMaker advocates lowering one’s carbon footprint and supporting the local economy through unique local experiences.
Urban Adventures NYC http://www.newyorkcityurbanadventures.com
Specializing in experiences featuring food, craft beverages, and culture in New York City, Urban Adventures NYC is for those who want to get away from the tourists and really connect with a city, with a local by their side. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or as long as a whole day, but in every case our Urban Adventures NYC tours take travelers to interesting places to experience local culture and see what makes a place unique.
About Dutchess Tourism Inc. http://www.dutchesstourism.com
Dutchess Tourism Inc. (DTI) is a private nonprofit 501(c)6 whose purpose is to promote Dutchess County and stimulate economic growth by attracting overnight visitors, meetings and conferences to Dutchess County. The area is known internationally as the epicenter for culinary innovation, agritourism, wine and for its bucolic landscapes and exquisite Hudson River vistas.