This holiday season, express your values by giving gifts grown in the earth beneath your feet, on the farms of Central Jersey. Support local farmers, promote sustainability, and encourage healthy lifestyles by shopping small and local. Many Central Jersey farms are open throughout the holidays, selling everything from Christmas trees and wreathes, to gift boxes and baskets, meat and poultry, and other holiday season essentials. Visit our farms and wineries yourself, or take advantage of the convenience of online orders and shipping.
On Farm & Online — Numerous farms and wineries welcome you to their on-premise stores, while also offering the option to order online for direct shipping to your or your loved one. They include:
• Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse, an organic farm in Milford, NJ can ship its award-winning cheeses, gift baskets, and even bacon, sausage, and charcuterie, usually frozen and packed in dry ice, to any destination nationwide!
• Hidden Spring Lavender Farm in Skillman, NJ is open weekends and online shopping anytime offers a wide variety of holiday gift options made with lavender, including plush animals, lotions, fragrances, and products
made from the wool of its adorable alpacas.
• Hopewell Valley Vineyards, and award-winning winery in Pennington, NJ has an online store with the ability to ship wines in New Jersey and to a limited number of other states. Hopewell Valley brings Old World wine making methods to New Jersey.
· • Old York Cellars is ready for the holidays, with a winery in Ringoes, NJ plus retail locations in two central Jersey malls, as well as its online store. They now offer an answer to the young French Beaujolais with a 2019 “Beau Jersey” (rhymes with Cabernet!)
• Terhune Orchards and Winery near Princeton, NJ offers an enormous variety of gift baskets and boxes, plus gift wine shipments to many locations. Their “Taste of Jersey” baskets include farm fresh apples, Terhune made fruit bread, cookies, shortbread cookies, New Jersey pasta, honey, organic popcorn, and locally made chocolates.
• Unionville Vineyards in Ringoes, NJ offer a beautiful tasting room on site, as well as mail order purchases. They have been named one of America’s top wineries by Food & Wine Magazine, and New Jersey’s top artisan beverage maker in 2018 by Edible Jersey.
Are you looking for a special holiday lunch or dinner experience for colleagues, friends, or family in Central New Jersey? The region is home to many outstanding farm-to-table restaurants. Check out the restaurant guide at DiscoverCentralNJ.com for a restaurant that buys from local farmers, including Brick Farm Tavern, and Eno Terra.
Spend your Holiday in Central Jersey
Looking to get away from home during the holidays? Consider a short excursion to Central Jersey and stay in one of our outstanding hotels and visit our historic sites, many of which offer candlelight tours and other programs. Local arts centers also put on favorite holiday shows, such as McCarter Theater’s Christmas Carol and State Theater’s Nutcracker ballet.
Whether it’s an old fashioned holiday you seek, or a sustainable farm-to-table celebration, Central Jersey is the place to be. For more info, check out http://www.DiscoverCentralNJ.com