- This event has passed.
1st Annual Women in Food & Farming Festival
May 8, 2021 @ 11:00 am - May 9, 2021 @ 11:00 pmFree – $75
SHOP! TASTE! LEARN!
On May 8th & 9th, 2021 (Mother’s Day Weekend), EscapeMaker.com will present the 1st Annual Women in Food & Farming Festival at Stone Ridge Orchard in the Hudson Valley of New York State – 2 hours outside of New York City.
The hybrid live/virtual event open to the public will honor and celebrate more than 50 women-owned farms and businesses in the food and craft beverage industries and also provide resources to women in business.
Sat., May 8: LIVE OUTDOOR MARKET – 11am-4pm at Stone Ridge Orchard
- 25+ local vendors with foods and beverages for sale from women producers & farmers in a public NYS farmers market including: Local bread, hard cider, cakes, fruit loaves, granola, apples, apple sauce, jams & spreads, brittle, honey, maple, chocolate, kombucha, yogurt, cheese, edibles, herbs, molasses, egg creams, mac n’ cheese, fried chicken, fudge, wine & more!
- Prize raffles, demos, and scavenger hunts in the orchard
- Swag bags of local products
- Info about local agritourism farm escapes and farm-table restaurants, wine, distillery, and cidery trails
- Social distancing protocols will allow the public to watch demos and browse and shop for gifts
- Celebrate women in business and create opportunities for growth in agriculture, food and craft beverage, and agritourism!
- VIP EXPERIENCE with an orchard walk and talk and cider tasting under a 300-year-old oak tree with farmer/cider maker Elizabeth Ryan
- BRING MOM! It’s Mother’s Day Weekend!
- Kid-friendly and dog-friendly!
For the live May 8th event, mask wearing is required, and although it will take place on the expansive 115-acre farm, attendance will be capped and event will adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols.
For more info on the farmers market vendors: womennourish.com
Sunday, May 9th: VIRTUAL ON-DEMAND EVENT – 10am
(catch the replay later!)
Unable to attend live? The on-demand pre-recorded event offers:
- 25+ online presentations and workshops for ALL women consumers and/or budding entrepreneurs on-demand by leading chefs and women in the industry – or catch the replay later!
- Topics include virtual Cooking Demos, Farm Tours, Food Justice, Craft Beverage. Trends, Food & Connection, Nutrition, Foraging, Social Media and Promotion Tips, Women Cookbook Authors, and Women Chef & Farmer Spotlights
Speakers include Food Network’s Chef Maneet Chauhan, Chef Judy Joo, and vegan Chef Mee McCormick, author and anti-hunger activist Marianne Williamson, and local farmers and visionaries like Liz Neumark of Katchkie Farm, Kathleen Finlay of Glynwood, Yancey Migliore of Whitecliff Vineyard, Elizabeth Ryan of Breezy Hill/Stone Ridge Orchard, and more!
For more on the virtual event speakers: womennourish.com
Presented by EscapeMaker and Fulton Stall Market, and sponsored by The New York Cider Association, Cabot Cheese, Hudson Valley Farmhouse Cider, SnapDragon & RubyFrost Apples, The Diamond Mills Hotel Saugerties, VisitIthaca.com, and SullivanCatskills.com and Doorstep Market, with media partners Heritage Radio and Edible Manhattan and Edible Hudson Valley.
A portion of the proceeds benefits the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley.
The event encourages the public, local women consumers and also entrepreneurs from across the food and farming industries, hospitality service members, chefs, restaurateurs, winemakers, craft beverage producers, local agritourism destinations and lodging operators to attend, shop, taste, learn and participate – either in person or virtually.
For more info on the farmers market vendors and virtual event speakers: womennourish.com