- This event has passed.
NYCEDC Celebrate Women in NYC Public Markets
February 29 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
New York City’s Public Markets celebrate the rich history and diverse cultures, communities, and cuisines of the city we love. Join us as we celebrate the Women of Essex Market!
There will be a kickoff ceremony at 2 pm, live music, networking, voter registration and info on training, M/WBE Certification and grants and funding to start-up or expand your own business. Shop the market, network with other women entrepreneurs and get inspired during the 19th Amendment Women’s Right to Vote Centennial and Women’s History Month!
Saturday, February 29th
2pm – 5pm at Essex Market
Althea’s Tropical Delights, bobagreen, Brittle and Beyond, Heroes & Villains, MilleNonne, Flower Power Herbs and Roots, Inc., The Lower Eastside Girls Club, Latí-Cosina, Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center, Rosie’s Crochet, Eat Gai, Lower East Side Ice Cream Factory, Arancini Bros. and more.
Free business services such as advertising placements and marketing consultations will be raffled off to those that attend from Heritage Radio Network, Queens Feasts, Edible Manhattan and EscapeMaker.com. Prizes include:
- Free web services for 2 years from Godaddy ($50 Value)
- Customized social media plan for a business owner from QueensFeast
- Free legal clinic with NELP for 30 minute session with a lawyer
- 30 minute photo session by a professional photographer for your business or products
- On-air mentions on 6 episodes of Heritage Radio & social media mentions ($500 Value)
- Social Media Promotion from Edible Manhattan ($500 Value)
- 6 hours of on-demand business training from EscapeMaker.com ($250 Value)
- Free Ticket to WomeninHospitality.org Event ($50 Value)
Live music by CARTAGENA The Band
More info: PublicMarkets.NYC
Brought to you by NYCEDC.