Select your own Dutchess farm fresh stops via our hop on/off looper shuttles! The shuttle will run on both days so you can plan your own day trip or weekend itinerary! Take in the warm breeze of early June while visiting the charming Village of Millerton. Explore McEnroe Organic Farm, its garden and cider bar; sample award-winning wines at Millbrook Vineyards & Winery or Cascade Mountain Winery; tap into sweet samples and learn about maple syrup-making at Soukup Farms; or sign up for an animal sanctuary tour at Lucky Orphan’s Horse Rescue.
If you just can’t get enough of the bucolic and delicious Hudson Valley, you can stay overnight at a local inn and ride the looper bus both days! Weekend lodging packages at Amenia House, Blue Barn B&B and the Inn at Pine Plains are based on availability. Just reserve the overnight package and an agent will be in touch with you about your overnight accommodation options and pricing.
McEnroe Organic Farm: McEnroe is one of New York’s oldest organic, diversified farms with over 1,100 acres of fields, pastures and greenhouses. Check out the farm market and live animals on site! The farm has been in its present location since 1953, however, the family has been farming in the region since the 1870s. McEnroe values the best ecological practices for maintaining sustainable agriculture for organic fruits and vegetables, grain, hay, pasture, composting and woodland.
Millerton: Millerton is a town that truly embodies the quintessential Dutchess County charm! Grab a coffee at Irving Farm Coffee before you head out to the farms/wineries for the afternoon. Prefer a tea? Hit Harney & Sons Tearoom, a family-owned tea operation, which has tasting rooms in Millerton and in NYC’s Soho neighborhood. The Millerton location offers over 250 teas to sample in a sophisticated tasting bar and lounge.
Cascade Mountain Winery: Cascade Mountain Winery and Restaurant features a full line of award-winning wines at its wine bar and gallery. Visitors come from around the world to relax in the rural splendor atop the Berkshire foothills sampling their wines and picnic lunches.
Millbrook Vineyards & Winery: Millbrook Vineyards & Winery was the first in the region dedicated exclusively to the production of vinifera grapes. It began as a 130-acre converted dairy farm in 1985. Today, the Millbrook estate bottled wine roster includes Tocai Friulano, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Franc. The winery produces over 12,000 cases of wine annually and is open for guided tours and wine tastings year round. Called “the Hudson Valley’s flagship winery” by The New York Times and “a great place to visit” by The Wall Street Journal, the wines and views are simply beautiful!
Soukup Farms: Soukup Farms is a third generation family farm, producing and selling pure New York Maple Syrup. Started as a hobby in the early 1950s, the operation expanded to 800 taps in the 1990s and today has more than 2,700 taps in three sugarbushes. The farm welcomes visitors year round, especially for their Maple Weekends in the spring, their harvest festival in the fall, and their holiday events in the winter. In addition to shopping for pure maple syrup, Soukup Farms also produces a variety of maple-related goods, such as maple hot sauce, maple mustard, maple cream, and more!
|Dates / Packages||June 9 Day trip, June 9 Reserve Overnight Package, June 10 Day trip, June 10 Reserve Overnight Package|
Listed as one of National Geographic Traveler’s Top 20 Must-See Places, the Hudson Valley is as scenic and hospitable as it is cultural and delicious. Just a couple hours from New York City, this picturesque and colorful region is filled with sweeping rivers, small towns, local farms and incredible culinary and craft beverage scenes. Come back on your own and spend a day, weekend, or week exploring all there is to do in Dutchess County! Check out some of the area’s special annual events below and plan your return trip to join in the fun.
Top 10 Dutchess County Events:
- Country Living Fair in Rhinebeck. First weekend in June at the Dutchess Fairgrounds.
- Discover Hudson Valley Bike Ride. Last Sunday in June.
- Big Gay Hudson Valley’s Queen City Pride Weekend Poughkeepsie in June.
- Good Guys East Coast Nationals classic car show in Rhinebeck in June.
- Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce Balloon Festival in July.
- Wassaic Project Summer Exhibition & Festival. First weekend in August.
- Jazz in the Valley jazz festival in Poughkeepsie in August.
- Dutchess County Fair in Rhinebeck. Last full week in August.
- Hudson Valley Wine and Food Festival & HV Craft Beer Festival in Rhinebeck in September.
- New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck in October.
Dutchess County on Social Media:
Farm Fresh bus reservations via EscapeMaker.com are required and must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your selected tour date. Seats are limited. Please book here before purchasing a train ticket from Metro-North Railroad.
A $20 per person fee/number of reservations will be charged if you do not show up without emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a cancellation notice by Wednesday at midnight (EST) the week of your tour.
After you’ve made your bus reservation with EscapeMaker.com, purchase your rail ticket at any Metro-North ticket office or full-service ticket machine (excluding Beacon station).
- Metro North Railroad package price from Grand Central Terminal (GCT)/Harlem-125th Street: Adults, $58.00; Seniors, $51.50; Kids 5-11, $27; Kids under 5, $27, available at ticket kiosks and full-service ticket vending machines. Ticket price also includes apple-picking/farm entrance fees. Extra activities/tastings may require an additional fee.
- Price from other stations: check here for price from your boarding station.Overnight Package: Stay overnight and ride the looper bus both days! Weekend lodging packages at Amenia House, Blue Barn B&B and the Inn at Pine Plains are based on availability. Just reserve the overnight package and an agent will be in touch with you about your overnight accommodation options and pricing.